Cutaway model – Functional Model The latest generation of Mercedes gasoline direct injection engines as a cutaway model with a manual drive. The motor can be rotated by means of a gear mounted on the side of crank by hand. The engine and its components are cut, which has remained the regular function. Thus, all functions and procedures are observed within a complete revolution of the crankshaft.
The engine can be turned easily by a crank handle. All parts move along.
Cut away are:
▪ Cylinder and cylinder head
▪ Turbo charger
▪ Water pump
▪ Valve cup
▪ Camshaft timing chain housing
▪ Vacuum pump
▪ Fuel injection pump
▪ Ignition coil
▪ Rail tube
▪ Injection nozzle
▪ Air intake manifold
▪ Hydraulic valve lifter
▪ Oil pump B. Warning notice Please take care of your fingers (crushing hazard) when turning / using the motor.
The new engine series M 270 has over 1,600 cubic capacity and was designed for transverse installation. The new direct injection combined with a very fast and precise piezo injector with a new spray-guided combustion process.
- Highlights of the M 270 engine at a glance:
fulfilling the Euro 5 emissions standard with future potential
- Gasoline direct injection with piezo injectors, the latest generation of the Mercedes Benz spray-guided combustion process
- Fast Switching Piezo injections for multiple injection of fuel
- Combination of direct injection with a charge by a turbocharger
- TCU via vacuum
- Advanced phaser for optimized timing
- Advanced control and optimization of oil and cooling circuit controlled by a coolant pump and a controlled engine oil pump
- ECO start-stop function using starter-supported direct start
- Needs-based multi-spark ignition
- Die-cast aluminum crankcase
- The controlled vane oil pump with an electronically controlled two-stage pressure control enables the supply of lubricating and cooling parts of the engine at a significantly lower driving power than an uncontrolled pump.
Please take care of your fingers (crushing hazard) when turning / using the motor