BACKGROUND AND OVERVIEW
Ho Chi Minh City is Vietnam’s largest city which is formerly and more popularly known as Saigon. The population is 7.9 million people, 70% of Ho Chi Minh’s water supply sources come from the Dong Nai River in the east while 23% comes from the Saigon River in the west. Saigon Water Corporation (SAWACO) connects approximately 734,000 households through a distribution network of some 3,800 kilometers.
The water supply network is divided into six zones. An international bank funded project was introduced to reduce the non-revenue water (NRW) of the distribution network within two zones. Reduction of NRW would lead to a decrease in the volume of water production, lower operating costs and improved network efficiency. This would in turn increase the number of households with access to drinking water.
SCOPES OF WORK AND SUPPLY
- Establishment of 125 District Metered Areas (DMAs) in zone 1 and 120 DMAs in zone 2 of the SAWACO water supply network
- Each DMA included: 01 PRV controller REGULO/MODULO and 01 CELLO at the critical point
- Bavitech also provided: Software system, water loss calculation tool and field technical services
- Installation of electromagnetic flowmeters, pressure reducing valves and pressure controllers
- Obtain data to help determine leakage and burst location
- Provide SCADA integration.
|Client:||Saigon Water Corporation (Sawaco)|
|Location:||01 Cong Truong Quoc Te, Ward 06, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City|