BACKGROUND AND OVERVIEW
This project was to reduce the non-revenue water (NRW) of the water supply network of Tân An City, Long An province, Vietnam. Reduction of the NRW would lead to a decrease in the volume of water production necessary, lower operating costs and improved network efficiency. This would in turn increase the number of households with access to the drinking water supply.
Bavitech who carried out the site surveys, technical project design, procurement and implementation, was the main contractor for this project.
SCOPES OF WORK AND SUPPLY
- Establishment of 14 District Metered Areas (DMAs) over the Tân An City water network
- Installation of electromagnetic flow meters and pressure reducing valves (PRVs)
- Providing data from wireless data loggers to determine leakage and burst location
- Remote control of PRVs from utility office
- Monitoring critical pressure points within distribution network
- Reducing instances of intermittent supplies and pipe breaks
- Extending longevity of existing distribution network.
Long An Water Supply Sewerage Joint Stock Company (LAWACO)